Certificate of Missional Studies and Bachelor of Christian Education
These programs provide a foundation for a leader in a missional living.
• Biblical foundations for a Christian worldview and faith integration.
• Foundations for spiritual formation, that is, being with Christ, becoming like Christ, and participating in Christ’s missional work.
• Basic habits and skills for lifelong learning, such as the ability to read, write, and speak clearly; think critically and develop reasoned arguments; locate and use information resources; utilize computer technology; and work well with others.
• The ability to form, maintain, and enjoy healthy relationships with others where applicable, foundational professional knowledge and skills.
A. Certificate Program in Missional Leadership Objective: The Certificate program educates people to become leaders of missional impact to extend the Kingdom of God.
– Develop Professional Knowledge
– Develop Professional Skill Sets
B. Bachelor of Christian Education Program Objective: The Bachelor of Christian Education educates people to become bachelor level leaders of missional impact to extend the Kingdom of God.
– Develop Bachelor Level of Professional Knowledge
– Develop Bachelor Level of Professional Skill Sets
At the graduate level, NU seeks to develop in students:
• Highly advanced knowledge, skills, and competencies for one’s chosen profession, which enable graduates to practice and teach others in that field.
• A highly advanced philosophical and theoretical framework that enables students to exercise their professions in contextually appropriate ways.
• A highly advanced theological framework for exercising one’s profession as a servant of Christ.
• An advanced expertise in a specialized discipline, which enables them to teach and conduct research and make original contributions to the theory and/or practice of that field.
• Christian commitment displayed in active discipleship and participation in Christ’s redemptive mission to the nations.
A. Master of Theology: The Master of Theology program educates people to become master level leaders of missional impact to extend the Kingdom of God.
– Develop Master Level of Professional Knowledge
– Develop Master Level of Professional Skill Sets
B. Doctor of Theology: The Doctor of Theology program educates people to becoming advanced level of research and teaching leaders of missional impact to extend the Kingdom of God.
– Develop Advanced Level of Professional Knowledge
– Develop Advanced Level of Professional Skill Sets